Sometimes we make prayer something more difficult than it is. You can pray at any time – as long or as short as it needs to be.
It’s hard to believe there is yet, another thing, but flu season is right around the corner. PRISMA Health has scheduled a series of flu clinics and some information on the flu shot.
Of course, there are many places to get your flu shot. If you decide to visit one of the PRISMA health clinics, see the chart below and click the link for more information.
“The flu shot is available for anyone six months and older. Flu shots will be administered by drive-through, with the exception of the Prisma Health Nine Medical Park Lobby location. Please wear a short-sleeve shirt or loose-fitting clothing that can easily roll up to assist with vaccines. Face masks or shields will be required, along with temperature checks. Anyone with a fever will not be allowed a flu shot vaccine.
Consent forms are required and available at each site. Children under the age of 16 require a parent/guardian signature. Flu shots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. See the reverse side for more information.” (2020-Prisma-Health-Flu-Shot-Flyer-002 linked below)
Here are some practical ways to show love to your neighbors. What would you add to this list?
Mark 12: 28 – 34
28) And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? 29) And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 30) And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31) And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. 32) And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he: 33) And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. 34) And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.
Calling all seniors!
Richland County Recreation Commission wants to help celebrate you with their first drive-thru senior parade! Care packages will be provided to all patrons.
- Please stay in your vehicles.
- Please do NOT attend an event if you or anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath), or have been exposed to others who have experienced those symptoms within the last 14 days.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet will be required.
- Please bring a mask for each person in your party to be used anytime social distancing of at least 6 feet cannot be maintained.
- For more information, call Hopkins Park (during operational hours) to register at (803) 783-9374.
Pastor David Jackson of the Goodwill Baptist Church of Eastover, SC delivers the sermon from Genesis 50:14-22.